Jason Dohring Forum

INTRODUCE YOURSELF HERE

« Older   Newer »
ornenails
view post Posted on 11/11/2009, 18:53

Hey guys!

Here's our Italian forum dedicate to the extraordinary, talented Jason Dohring!

This is the area dedicate to the English mother tongue people or to everyone who speaks English language but if you want you can also come and have fun with us in the Italian area!

I'm sure we can understand your comments, even though our English language it's not perfect :wacko:

Please introduce yourself here, we'd love to know about you !

xxx Orne

dmcs66
view post Posted on 24/3/2010, 01:05

Orne,
It is so great to be ON!!
Thank you So!!!!! Very Much.
LOL Donna

ornenails
view post Posted on 24/3/2010, 01:11

Ciao DONNA! WELCOME!!!!

Great to have you here!!!!!

we're are waiting you in our rooms :woot:

love Orne

Faith
view post Posted on 24/3/2010, 01:12

Hi Donna! Welcome on Jason Italian Forum! XD
I hope you like it!

dmcs66
view post Posted on 24/3/2010, 01:42

Ok so I am Donna, I live in Cedar Rapid, Iowa.
I meet Orne and Jason at that Moonlight Gala in Chicago area for Halloween Weekend 2008. It was a great Time.
I made a friend that weekend. Orne is the Greatest. The main site is incredably amazing.
I look forward to meeting and talking with all of you.
Just finished a Sophia Myles DVD birthday marathon.
Looking forward to starting one in honor of Jason's Birthday.
I will start it maybe on Thursday.

Thank you,
Donna

ornenails
view post Posted on 24/3/2010, 15:19

Well,...now I'm crying :wub:

dmcs66
view post Posted on 25/3/2010, 03:21

Orne,
No need to cry. (Non necessitą di piangere).

I know very very little Italian. I hope that by being here I will understand more. Reading is better then writing. So I appologize if when i do type something in Italian it is not exactly correct. Please let me know.
My Italian Background:
Both of my grandfather's parents were born in Italy. They came to America sometime before the last turn of the century.
Amedio was my father's father. His family, Contini, was originally from Rome.
Joseph was my mother's father. His family, Caponero, was from a small town near Mt Vesuvius. I do not know the name of the town.
My grand mother, Theresa, was born in Caserta in 1917. Her family,Gentile, move to New York when she was around 12 years.
I remember that growing up, Italian was spoken by my grandparents, their siblings and my mother primarily to my Great Grandmother Grazia (who died when I was about 10). They also spoke when they did not want us to understand what they were saying. In later years it was hardly ever spoken. Which is really sad.
When Mom and I went to Caserta, three years ago to visit with relatives. She had a hard time understanding the "Younger" generations (anyone under 40). But she could understand better those who were more around her age. She understond the old dialect that they were using because that is what was spoken in her home when she was a child.
I can not understand much at all, even with the 2 semester studying it in college and then living in Roma for 3 months while studying Architectue with the Roman Studies Program in 1988 that the college i attended had offered. Those 3 months were the best of all my College years. I loved living in Rome and traveling through out Italy. It was the greatest experience. I have been back twice since college.

Now, I am in Iowa due to my husbands work. Iowa has to be one of the place with the least amount of Italian heritage. The thing I miss most about the New York Area (after family of course) is all the Italian Pastry Shops, Deli's and Speciality food shops.
My Family has always been big on tradition. It is very important.

Anyway, that is my history. Sorry to bore you.

Just thought that I would let all of you know, that being here with you, is not just about being a fan of Jason.

Thank you,
Donna

ornenails
view post Posted on 25/3/2010, 13:38

Well, that's interesting,...you never told me that before! it's nice to know what be Italian from generation means for people who live in America.

be fan of Jason took me to meet amazing, wonderful friends!!

ps Donna thanks to be with me to the Gala LOL

xxx Orne

dmcs66
view post Posted on 26/3/2010, 16:46

Your Welcome.
Very Happy to.
LOL
Donna

8 replies since 11/11/2009, 18:53   125 views